Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Physics Of Flushing The Koran

In an FBI memo released today it turns out that guards at Guantanamo actually were flushing the Koran down the toilet. Personally, I wonder how that worked out for them. I would think that flushing a holy book, even page by page, would cause a major clog and flooding. Clearly it would come back to haunt them but the biggest question is: how would the Koran stand up against other holy books in a plumbing test? I propose an experiment in which we attempt to find out which holy book is the hardest on plumbing. After that one is answered we can move on to popular fiction and books of political commentary. I am willing to put money on any book by Anne Coulter causing the foundation to crack.
I also predict that Newsweek will print a retraction of the retraction the White House demanded on the story when it blamed the magazine for rioting in Afghanistan. As it turns out, the administration is once again to blame. I can only hope that this will lead to the media re-growing its spine and standing up to the government and the corporations.
But then, I once hoped that the Monkeys would get back together and release another album.